Tuesday 21 September 2010

Silk Inside a Chestnut Shell

I've had chestnut shells literally hit me as I cycle beneath, my bicycle basket catching the plunder. The trees are turning gold, the breeze smells cool, every day that golden sun sinks a little lower. I'm rattling round on my wheels, enjoying every bit of brilliant sunshine while people continue to be moodily prophetic about the coming winter.

So so, where have I been, what have I seen. I'm in my new WG and making it home. I know I'm only here for a year but I didn't realise how important pretty spice jars are to me, and have already mustered a collection from the Flohmarkts. I've built myself a loft bed in this tiny room, and am even fairly sure of its being safe. I've made curtains out of beautiful indigo blue silk, filled a wall with maps and magical photography, and acquired important things such as a chair and a sewing machine. I've made a world to escape to in in this city's madness.

The past week or so…stumbling across outdoor electro parties, climbing up walls and through windows into empty buildings, overwhelmed by the turkish markets, the flohmarkts with their dens of junk, learning how to knit, eating cake, drinking Kaffee.

One of the best restaurants I have ever been to: http://www.lavanderiavecchia.de/

I will probably take you when you come visit.

This weekend is looking set to be a good one, what with friends from England visiting and Bonobo teaming up with Cinematic Orchestra…

As always, please send me your stories.

Liebe Grüße

N xx

No comments:

Post a Comment