Friday 8 July 2011

Fast Fertig

This time next week I'll have finished all my seminars. Three term papers to write, and then my Erasmus year will be reduced to a few "Scheine". Done. Dusted. The tempo of the past few weeks has left little thought for blog writing, as most of my minutes are spent wandering outside in the sunshine and dancing at elektro open airs. Berlin is a carefree place in summer. The temperatures melt away any memory of the difficult winter, before bursting into crackling thunderstorms. I feel once more overcome by the transience of this place - people continually coming and going, goodbyes are rushed and friends materialise and vanish before you've finished your Sterni.

May and June were packed full of festivals. Opening with erste Mai (something I want to talk about further), bank holidays followed one after another, Fete de la musique at Midsummer, Karnival des Kulturs, 48 Stunden Neukölln just a few of the major ones. I would advise anyone visiting round this time to see what current events on. In England, a music festival can cost up to £200 just for a ticket, but here every street feels like one big, free, colourful festival. It's very difficult to think about writing epic essays when this city is so damn fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment