Friday 15 July 2011

Playlist

It is uncanny how much power a familiar refrain or beat has to catapult you into memories. I find CocoRosie is now laced with almost nauseating nostalgia for the months buried under snow, the yellow of the S-Bahn racing through shivering white. It feels out of place in this sunnier world. So in the spirit of procrastination I decided to compile a playlist of my year in Berlin. Starting from last September through to now, I compiled a list of certain songs with certain times. Some of them are new, some of them are old, some are much better than others but all of them have a niche in my Berlin-soundscape.



Playlist:

  1. Idle forest of Chit Chat (feat. Souldrop) - Kinny
  2. Summertime (Organica Remix) - Billie Holiday
  3. Ambre - Sporto Kantes
  4. Dearly Departed - Daedelus
  5. Abbesses - Birdy Nam Nam 
  6. Aaron - Paul Kalkbrenner An old housemate Florian from last Autumn like to listen to Elektro musik and cook Moussaka. It was very good Moussaka. Zimtig.
  7. Transatlantik - Quantic I liked to cook to Quantic.
  8. Kiara - Bonobo
  9. Ketto - Bonobo
  10. Der Kanal - Kleingeldprinzessin She sings about Neukoelln!
  11. Schwarz Zu Blau - Peter Fox My German teacher was a big Peter Fox fan...
  12. Catgroove - Parov Stelar
  13. Rainbowarriors - CocoRosie I knitted so obsessively to this music! Soundtrack to my university commute throughout winter.
  14. K-Hole - CocoRosie
  15. Beautiful Boyz - CocoRosie
  16. Your Mother's Son-In-Law - Billie Holiday The next couple of songs were some of my favourites to play in the Cafeté
  17. Ko-Ko - Duke Ellington
  18. Twice - Little Dragon
  19. Quimper 94 - Yann Tiersen
  20. Feather - Nujabes
  21. Regular Customer - Sporto Kantes
  22. Reflection Eternal - Nujabes
  23. Hoist That Rag - Tom Waits I stumbled across this again one day in the U-Bahn. Immediately I knew I'd heard this song a million times before, but probably when I was about 9 or 10. For the next few days I became a bit (dangerously) addicted to Hoist That Rag. 
  24. Dr Alpeflug - Mani Matter Defies words.
  25. Betrachtige Ueber Nes Sandwitsch - Mani Matter
  26. Good Intentions Paving Co. - Joanna Newsom
  27. Hit That Jive - Gramatik (original mix)
  28. A Circular Reeducation (Dusty Brown Remix) - Tycho
  29. Horn in the Middle - Nujabes
  30. Untitled (Figures) - Max Richter Favourite essay writing musik. Every essay needs a touch of drama, try this as a backing track while proofreading out loud.
  31. Psychic Gibbon - Younger Brother
  32. Es Schneit - Pantha Du Prince
  33. Remembering - Avishai Cohen
  34. When Shall I Be Free -  Shpongle
  35. The Receptive - Younger Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment